To Our Generous Sponsors,
Greetings and welcome to the 2023 MVHC Summer Institute.
Here is some information about what to expect and some helpful tips as we are just a few weeks away from the start of a very exciting season.
Thursday Evening Talks
- These will be indoors in the Hebrew Center. Masks are recommended, but not required.
- Talks begin promptly at 7:30. We suggest you arrive at least 15 minutes early to check in.
- Sponsors will check in and enter the building from the back deck. Follow the path from the parking lot to the back deck. Your guests can check in with you.
- The talk is followed by a Q&A which will end by 9:00 pm.
- Ice cream, cookies, coffee, etc will be served following the Q&A
- Parking at the Hebrew Center is limited and will only be available for those with an official “Handicapped” placard on a first come, first served basis. The parking lot needs to be entered from Look St. You cannot enter from Center St.
- In addition to street parking, our friends at Saint Augustine RC Church have invited us to use their parking lot at 56 Franklin St. Turn on Clough Lane to enter the parking lot. Please Park in the back of the lot towards the grassy area. Walk one block south on Pine St to the Hebrew Center.
- For those who cannot attend the talks in person, a Zoom link will be provided. You can listen and watch on Zoom, but you cannot ask questions. Unfortunately, ice cream and cookies cannot be provided on Zoom.
- All sponsors are entitled to a limited number of guest tickets. The number depends on your level of sponsorship Sponsor Benefits. To request guest tickets please email Donna Foster.
- Additional tickets can be purchased at: https://ticketstage.com/T/MVHCSI
Friday Morning Brunch
- All sponsors are invited to attend. Unfortunately, we cannot permit you to bring any guests.
- The brunches are held at the homes of some of our very generous friends. On Thursday night we will give you printed directions to the brunch. Directions will also be sent by email.
- Brunch Schedule:
9:15 coffee station is open.
9:30 Brunch buffet begins.
10:10 Q & A begins.
11:00 Brunch ends
COMMUNICATIONS - You will receive Evites/emails from us according to this schedule:
- 9 am Fridays - Evite to the following week’s talk. PLEASE RSVP with the names of both people attending by the following Tuesday. This is very important, so we know how many seats are available to sell to the public.
- 11 am Fridays – Evite to the following week’s brunch. PLEASE RSVP with the names of both people who will be attending. Your Sponsorship includes two admissions. No additional guests. Your RSVP is very impotent so we can properly plan with our caterer.
- IF YOU INDICATE THAT YOU WILL ATTEND A BRUNCH BUT FIND THAT YOUR PLANS CHANGE AND YOU CANNOT ATTEND, PLEASE NOTIFY US. PREPARING FOOD FOR FOLKS WHO DO NOT CANCEL IS A WASTE OF MONEY AND, MORE IMPORTANTLY, A WASTE OF FOOD.
- 8 am Thursdays – ZOOM link for that night’s talk will be sent by email.
JEWISH FILM SERIES - As a sponsor, you are entitled to stream all three films.
- For information about the individual films refer to our website.https://www.mvsummerinstitute.org/2023-films.html.
- Each film is available for streaming for 3 days beginning July 16, July 23, and July 30.
- The link to access the films will be sent to you the Friday immediately preceding the Sunday the film will be streamed.
We are all looking forward to stimulating talks and to seeing each other in the Hebrew Center.
Chair, MVHC Summer Institute
MVHC Summer Institute